FIT & FAB

Wednesday 17 June 2015

ROLE MODEL - KRUTTHIKA RANJANE.

THE QUEEN BEE OF THE HIVE!!




She is the force behind The Hive Gym, the gym I go to. Independent, no-nonsense, kick-ass is the names I associate with her. Extremely fitness conscious, she inspires us all to achieve our optimum level of fitness. I first felt strange that there were no machines in this gym...there is one treadmill, one stationary cycle and one rowing machine...to appease some members I guess :) And as I began to understand the routine and the functioning of the gym, I quiet liked the idea of not having any machines. And there is a reason for this. Kruttika has devised exercise routines that lets us test our limitations and overcome them. We can see the results within weeks. She is an example of living your passion.









1. How were you drawn to fitness? Tell us about your journey of committing yourself to fitness as a way of life.

I have totally been a active kid since childhood (well I m still), so playing a sport was in my DNA since. So fitness was never a new game for me. I always wondered if there was something I could take up playing as my future, Lol. So here I am, built The Hive gym an indoor playground, which reminds everyone of their childhood days and giving them a high intense workout. A decade back I tried my hands on graphic designing as I have had the creative aspect in me, but the computer screen and sitting in one place got me impatient. Hence my elder brother, Vishal gave me this bright idea of getting into health business. Now being a fitness freak my aim is to transform all who come my way and encourage them to a healthy living.

2. Who was or is your inspiration?


Athletes and sports person have been my prime inspiration since young age. Steffi Graf was one of them till now. Big fan and respect for our Indian wrestlers. Looking at their fitness levels and effort they put in their training and practice sessions are highly motivating. Personally I am drawn more towards track & field athletics and wrestlers.








3. How did The Hive Gym happen?

Sometimes impromptu plans work the best. The same goes for The Hive. I literally had no plans of it, no layout just went with the flow and ideas just sprung up. got the opportunity and was given a week  to decide. Believe it of not with the help of my friends I built this place from scratch in 2 months with renovations and innovative ideas. I Thank all my friends who've been a part of making of The Hive gym and currently the Team Hive who are making it the best place to be.

4.What's the difference between the normal gyms we come across where there are lots of machines, weights and the works as against The Hive?

The Hive gym is a complete functional fitness training gym, here you will not find any machine but you will be the machine. Human body is designed for movements, considering that we prescribe movement based exercises, which enhances muscular endurance, flexibility making you light and agile. Unlike other conventional gyms the machines restrict your movement, which leaves you stiff and heavy. Not to forget the most essential strength training, core, balance and conditioning. At Hive gym we Gain immense strength with some isometric exercises. So come for a power pact workout, indoor bouldering, plyometrics, bar training, commando drills, pehlwani routines, core training and list goes on.




 



5. Memorable incidents..

Several moments shared in past so many years but my personal favourite has always been a Big wide smile on my students face when they achieve their goals. I still recollect each one of them who have transformed their body and changed their lifestyle. Well that’s my reward. I m glad that they chose me to be a part of it.

6. Future plans for Hive..

Currently apart from functional fitness we have Zumba going on. Would like to incorporate other activities at the gym.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRUTTIKA...May you keep inspiring us all.

2 comments:

  1. This lady is very impressive Jaan. Glad she found her groove and you found your inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete